Sunday, July 3, 2011

Portraits

Now as you may have noticed I have never been one for taking people pictures, the world of landscapes and postcard pretty images is where I feel most comfortable. But just lately the opportunity arose for for me to get out and about with fellow photographers from my club with some models. The event was called 'Trash the Dress' where we had models in wedding attire and photographed them in unusual locations. It was great fun, so much so I recently did a second one. Lighting and exposure was definitely a challenge not to mention the endless editing and re-touching, but so worth it, I learned so much and if you do get the chance to expand your horizons and sneak out of your comfort zone I would strongly recommend it! Top tip: Buy yourself a reflector, they don't cost much and they make a world of difference.


Left: Jessica Right: April Jumping


Left: Happy Right: Rebecca


Postcard Girl


Rebecca looking fierce and demure


Happy presenting the perfect model pose

Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

marie, the ©EpicureanPiranha said...

Hey Amanda!

The two top photos, the Postcard Girl, and the bottom photo are really superb! Well, they're all great but those are my favourites :-)

Hope you're enjoying the beautiful summer weather! We have a massive heat wave here in Montreal right now, but I'm not complaining...winter will come soon enough!

Take care,